GIC’s passion is advancement in biomedicine and agriculture through fundamental genomics and proteomics research. We continually advance our understanding of the structure and function of genomes and proteomes using our strong experience in multidisciplinary research. We undertake complex research projects, tackle them with robust design and implementation, and employ state-of-the-art hardware and software products and tools to bring about the right solutions. We develop comprehensive research solutions for your problems at any level of complexity within a short time frame.
GIC provides a platform for a variety of bioinformatics research solutions for complex genomics and proteomics problems. They encompass the analyses of splicing mutations causing cryptic splicing of erroneous exons leading to defective genes resulting in disease states, impact of alternative splicing patterns in disease, discovery of disease causing mutations using our patented Functional Genomic Fingerprinting (FGF) technology, and analysis of ncRNA sequences in cancer-associated genomic regions (CAGRs).
With the depth of our research and development in genome biology, disease genome analysis, plant breeding, disease and trait research, we carry out a variety of data analysis projects in several different areas. Current data generation processes leave research groups with a huge data, only a fraction of which is tackled by in-house scientists (sleeping data), though the un-analyzed data have tremendous additional biological information buried in them. We effectively analyze your excess data and bring out the biological information that adds significant value to your research. We are proud that our scientists are adept in grasping your research needs and seamlessly add value to your ongoing research and development.
Genome International also carries out custom curation of biological databases, including genomic, proteomic, metabolomic and disease genetics, where sophisticated research is required. Each project is fit to the specific need of the customer, and delivered with tools and ability to produce reports that are highly useful to scientists and executives in a variety of ways including further planning, publications and presentations.
The discovery of disease-causing genes has been a gargantuan task especially for major illnesses due to the complex involvement of multiple defective genes. Our Functional Genomic Fingerprinting (FGF) Technology is a powerful alternative to current techniques for discovering these genes. By analyzing only the 1% functional regions of the genome within which these mutations occur, we avoid the remaining 99% of the genome. This maximizes efficiency allowing easy identification of defective genes that cause disease. This ability to efficiently find genetic defects has numerous powerful applications in biomedical, pharmaceutical & agricultural industries.
FGF is more effective in gene discovery efforts than other current techniques such as those based on microarray, HapMap, AFLP, RAPD and positional cloning. FGF has the power to identify the genes responsible for adverse or advantageous effects of pharmaceutical drugs.
Splicing related mutations cause an estimated 50% of human genetic diseases. Analysis of these mutations, cryptic splice sites created by them and the resulting alternative splicing allow critical insights necessary for the advancement of research. GIC has developed a novel algorithm for exploring the effects of splice mutations and polymorphisms in cancer.
In addition to its normal functions in creating protein diversity, alternative splicing can lead to defective proteins that cause a wide variety of diseases. GIC is currently developing a suite of proprietary splicing related data analysis tools to explore the normal and disease states by gene expression variations caused by alternative splicing.
GIC has developed a unique methodology for miRNA discovery and validation using the Functional Genome Fingerprinting (FGF) technology. MicroRNA profiling and fingerprinting using this technology will have immense applications in the identification of specific signatures associated with diagnosis, prognosis and response to treatment of human tumors.
GIC, in collaboration with University of Wisconsin’s Horticulture Department, has developed an orphan crop database for analyzing genomic, genetic and breeding data of a number of horticultural crops. This unique bioinformatics resource has the following features: (1) provides integrated access to all available sequence annotations, genetic maps, markers and other information from orphan plant families (2) has extensive data analysis tools to explore the data, and (3) allows comparative analysis of data from these plants to facilitate research advancements.